chocolate cake with cranberry buttercream

Put the sugar, unsweetened chocolate, butter and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. McInerney is the dark chocolate, I’m not fond if it. That way it will accommodate most cakes and bundts with extra space all around. Printwhite cake with cranberry buttercream frostingAuthor: Inspired by add a pinch and annie’s eats Ingredients. And yes, it’s today!) This is a “wet” frosting, if it too thin, add 1/2 cup additional powdered sugar Is it unsweetened? Puree the mixture in a Vitamix, or food processor, until completely smooth. white cake ingredients: 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened It freezes nicely, works as a cocktail ingredient, or you can make less of the puree. When you have a cake this pretty, you’ll want to show it off on a cake stand. Pour the batter into the pans and bake on the middle rack until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. There should be a cup of water in the ingredients list that gets combined with the sugar and chocolate. This looks so good! This chocolate cake looks absolutely stunning! I’m so excited to make this recipe! I’ve made this cake at least 3 times since the corona virus hit. Picture this: moist and fragrant orange and white chocolate cake sandwiched with cranberry Swiss meringue buttercream and decorated with meringue kisses and marbled cookies. Well, I do think you could, but be sure to use a very simple bundt, not one with an intricate design. Prep Time 30 minutes In a small bowl, stir together the milk and vinegar. Make sure to clean the comb after each pass. It turned out sweet enough, bringing out the chocolate quite nicely. Meanwhile, place whipped topping in a medium sized bowl. Whisk in the baking soda, powder, and salt. Stir until smooth and … I will use it again for Christmas day. And the cranberry frosting is just about the best thing ever, don’t miss this amazing holiday cake. I think the gingersnap pie would be really good with orange, the two flavors go so well together. Cool completely on wire rack. Make sure to clean the comb after each pass. The View from Great Island is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Mix until a few … The lightness of this chocolate cake gives the perfect balance to the rich bitterness of the cranberry ganache and the sweetness of the chestnut meringue buttercream. Spread cake layer with half of chilled cranberry filling (without whole berries), spreading to edge of piped frosting. Puree the cranberries in a high speed blender, preferably, or a food processor until perfectly smooth. I think next time I would put a cranberry glaze in between the layers as well as on top of the cake. I love cranberry things and prefer them on the tart side. Add the cranberry filling to the top of the cake and you don't even have to decorate it. Privacy Policy, Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream, confectioner's sugar, sifted (more if needed), cranberry puree (directions below, you will not need all of it). This Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream is a super quick moist chocolate layer cake recipe made right in a saucepan! Hi Glenda, the chocolate is regular dark chocolate, so it is sweetened. And be sure to butter and flour well. Frost the cake, and then refrigerate until ready to serve. Pinned and soooo excited to try this season. The chocolate cake is light and moist and is adapted slightly from a recipe in Tessa Huff‘s fabulous cake book, Layered. Oct 11, 2020 - Looking for the perfect layer cake this holiday season? I am curious about why you would make extra sauce if you don't need it for the frosting? A rich orange cake is layered with a cranberry glaze and frosted with a brown sugar and orange buttercream, topped with more cranberry glaze. Thank you for a great (and simple and relatively quick) cake recipe! It’s been ages since I’ve made a cake! The whisk? The buttercream should be higher around the edges that it holds the cranberry filling inside the cake (watch the video for better understanding). Pour into prepared pan. If you want to explore my recipes further, check these out…, Maple Walnut Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting, Almond Layer Cake with Blackberry Buttercream, Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Poppy Seed Buttercream. Step 2: Add in confectioner’s sugar, cocoa, almond extract, and heavy cream and beat for 3-5 more minutes until you reach the desired consistency. Nov 21, 2018 - An easy cranberry jam lends its naturally pink hue and pleasantly tart flavor to this stunning cake It's is also tucked between the layers of a fluffy brown sugar buttermilk cake for an extra hit of cranberry and gorgeous color You'll have enough jam for the buttercream and cake filling, plus some extra for your mornin… I will NEVER EVER buy a box mix again. Bring fresh cranberries (you can use frozen) sugar, and a splash of water to a boil on the stove, stirring occasionally until the cranberries start to burst and get soft and juicy. You can freeze the cooked layers, and then frost them after thawing. Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Put the sugar, chocolate, butter, and the water in a medium to large saucepan and cook, stirring, over medium heat until it all melts together smoothly. Frost the outside of the cake with chocolate frosting. I always use this one http://www.traditionaloven.com/conversions_of_measures/butter_converter.html and never had a problem (don't be mislead by the link title, it offers conversion for flour and sugar too). This takes a couple of steps to make, but it’s easy, and you can break it up and do part ahead if you like. I’m so excited to try this! It tastes like butter. Chocolate Cake With Cranberry Buttercream This Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream is a super quick moist chocolate layer cake recipe made right in a saucepan! I made this cake for Thanksgiving (b/c my sister's birthday always falls near Thanksgiving) and, while it is a delicious chocolate cate, the buttercream frosting tasted way more of butter than cranberry. Enter one of our contests, or share that great thing you made for dinner last night. This looks amazing ?I love the combination of cranberry and chocolate! —Merrill Stubbs. Cover the cake with another layer of buttercream and smooth sides using the Wilton Cake Comb. This particular rich chocolate cake is as easy as a box mix to throw together, all you need is a saucepan (yup, a saucepan) and a whisk. It also made me think of the holidays coming up since cranberries figure so prominently in both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thank you for sharing! Tips and Tricks. I was thinking the same thing. I am a newbie. Cook cranberries, sugar, and a splash of water in a saucepan on medium heat until the cranberries break down and into a thick, juicy mixture. I found this article to have a helpful explanation. Oh and there’s supposed to have been some water in the mixture too? Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Don't miss this amazingly delicious holiday dessert! Layer with ⅓ of the cranberry filling (where the buttercream … Everyone loved it! Set aside. Hi Laurie ~ no, I don’t sift before measuring, but I do fluff the flour before scooping and leveling off, that insures an accurate measure. Place one cake layer on a cardboard cake round. Chill the cranberry puree. Level the 2 cooled cake layers with a serrated knife. mixer, cream together the Butter and Cranberry Sauce. Glad you gave this a test drive! This is, bar none, my all time favorite cake. The water is not listed in the ingredients list. How to Make Chocolate Frosting. I'd definitely make the cake, again, but would likely use a different frosting or figure out a way to get more cranberry flavor up in that frosting. When the chocolate in the pan has cooled a bit, whisk in the milk mixture and eggs. The frosting is where I messed up but even that was good! While the sauce might be good for something else, I think I would rather make less. The frosting is soft and fluffy right after spreading onto the cake, but if you like it firmer, just chill the cake for a couple of hours before serving. Sure, I don’t see why not, they’d be cute! This white cake with cranberry buttercream frosting is not only delicious but also festively beautiful. On medium speed, using electric beaters or a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter, egg yolks if using, confectioners' sugar and 1/4 cup cranberry purée for about 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl several times, until you have a fluffy, light pink icing. Would you be able to recommend some brands that would be considered high quality or what I should look for in a high quality chocolate? What a unique idea. Just peeked at them – they look like two muddy puddles! You will eat it out of your hand the next morning with a smile- just go for a looonnggg walk! Set aside. Then slowly whisk in the flour, making sure not to over mix...small lumps are fine. If you’re a rustic type, I love this wooden stand  (this one too !) This simple white cake is jazzed up with a cranberry filling and an orange flavored buttercream. Spread ¼ of the buttercream over the cake. Vinegar interacts with the baking soda in the recipe and creates a chemical reaction that leavens and lightens the cake. Preheat the oven to 375F Butter and flour two 9-inch nonstick cake pans. white chocolate cream cheese frosting about 1/4-1/2 inch from the edge of the layer Yes, you can bake the cake layers, let them cool, and wrap in plastic to keep in the refrigerator for up to two days ahead. Cake is very different and festive and I am looking forward to making it for an upcoming dinner party. You can go classic, like the one above, or a little bit more romantic like this one or this one. Brava Merrill Stubbs! Add more sifted sugar if you want a stiffer buttercream. but the addition of the tart glaze was a great contrast to the mellow taste of the cake. I didn't have nearly enough frosting, and I whisked it for over ten minutes. Pipe a ring of frosting around cake layer just inside the top edge. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Let the cakes cool completely, then remove from the pan and cool on a rack and proceed by making the buttercream. I have not really listened to this youtube but check it out. © 2020 The View From Great Island. Keep chilled. I totally agree. PS, made it for Thanksgiving and it was an absolute hit! (You should have about 2 cups of cranberry purée.). I’m baking one now! 10/10. Normally I make a chocolate cupcake or chocolate cake and top it with raspberry frosting however I came up with this Chocolate Raspberry Buttercream Frosting recipe because I wanted even more amazingness when I am eating my favorite chocolate … Persevere, and it will all come together. Loved it so much will be making it again very soon! I agree Sue! (I can’t even look at that bite shot…it kills me.) All Rights Reserved. Thanks Synky - I was thinking along those lines as well. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans or a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. I’ve never had cranberry buttercream before! Pour the batter evenly into the two pans and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or just until done in the middle and a toothpick comes out without wet batter on it. No idea how this does not have a higher rating. What is the balloon attachment? Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.  Generously mist three 8-inch diameter cake pans with non-stick … I think you’ll love this cake, and I’m here for any other questions you might have Hope it goes over big! https://thecollegehousewife.com/2015-12-cranberry-cake-with-white-chocolate Sift together flour, soda and salt. Then slowly whisk in the flour, making sure not to over … Vinegar was used in their place to lift and lighten cakes. Thanks. Should I sift the flour and confectioners sugar before I measure the given amounts? Meanwhile, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beautiful and delicious. That buttercream looks phenomenal! Anyway, totally adding this to my faves and thinking some of the cranberry puree would be awesome in between the layers. Step 1: In a mixing bowl, beat butter for 3-5 minutes, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Nov 27, 2019 - 1,692 Likes, 16 Comments - Food52 (@food52) on Instagram: “Closing out #nationalcranberryday (yes, it’s a thing! Spread cake layer … I haven’t made it yet but I love sweet tart! Also, wondering what the cream of tarter does for the buttercream frosting. Chill the cake for 10 to 15 minutes, then finish icing. Christmas hit! Add half cranberry sauce, mix, until well blended. And the cranberry frosting is just about the best thing ever, don't miss this amazing holiday cake. But don’t ask if you can use dried cranberries, you can’t . And by the way, who says your cake stand has to be round? The cranberry/chocolate combo is fabulous . Whisk in the baking soda, powder, and salt. (I assumed most people won't have access to smaller amount of cranberries.). I was told by several people that my cake “made” the party!! To get you fired up about good food! It would make the loveliest centerpiece at your next holiday soiree. I love trying out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, and hunting down the next great flavor. I think Leary might be right, the Food 52 recipe asks for a cup of water in the instructions but not the recipe list! Place one cake layer on a cake stand or serving plate. If you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert that your friends and family haven’t had a million times before, this is it. Don’t worry, you won’t taste it, but you’ll love the results. oh dear, my cakes are in the oven now – i don’t hold out much hope! When the mixture has cooled slightly, whisk in the milk, eggs, and vinegar. Total holiday game changer! I’ve clarified that in the recipe now Leasey. Great idea for a Christmas cake! Beat, scraping down the sides often, for about 4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Do not worry if the icing curdles at first. The moistness of this cake is undeniable! That sounds great! I’m not a baker and always learning something new here. Don't miss this amazingly delicious holiday dessert! Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Yes, that’s fine. Chocolate Raspberry Buttercream Frosting. Hi Maria ~ I usually start with the cup measurement, so it’s 1/2 cup, or 1 stick, or 113 grams…happy baking! Everyone loved it! Actually, you could just freeze a bunch of the puree . I made this today but with a few adjustments. This cake can stay at room temperature for a day or two, but I prefer it chilled so the frosting isn’t too soft. https://carlsbadcravings.com/white-cake-with-cranberry-filling-recipe My parents lived through the Great Depression and then the food rationing during WWll. Put the soft butter, sifted sugar, cream of tartar, and 1/2 cup of the cranberry puree (you will not need it all) into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the balloon attachment. Such a beautiful pink color–perfect for the holiday. The kitchen is my happy place where I play with fabulous ingredients that nourish the body and soul. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan but take it off the heat right before it boils and pour over … I like a cake stand that’s about 12 inches in diameter. Be careful not to over bake these cakes. My mission? The cranberry puree for the frosting can be made and chilled up to a week ahead of time. It’s calling me too Caitlyn, it’s a new favorite. They would be thinner, so be sure to check the cooking time and don’t over bake, but it will work. I have 8 inch pans, could I make it 3 layers instead of two 9 inch layers instead? Hi Sue, question regarding the 4 oz of dark chocolate. Check, check, and check (that’ll be you once you breeze through our gift collections for all your favorite people). Hi, I’m not sure what you mean by one Stick of butter.. would that be 250 gm? Preheat oven to 350° and grease a muffin pan or line with baking liners. Dec 6, 2019 - Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream ~ an easy moist layer cake recipe made right in a saucepan! … I appreciate the historical element of food that you bring up. with this delightful…” 4. My two favorite flavor combos when it comes to cakes and frosting is chocolate and raspberry. Do you think I could get away with this in a bundt pan? Add powdered sugar on low speed until the powdered sugar and butter is completely combined. In a large mixing bowl cream butter, cocoa and sugar for approx. Combine the cranberries, sugar, salt and 2/3 cup water in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries slacken and release their juice, then start to thicken. I made Amanda's chocolate dump-it cake, but split the batter between two 9-inch round cake pans and baked them for about 20 minutes. I like to put a round of parchment paper on the bottom of each one. Any suggestions on how to adapt this to use bittersweet chocolate (70-85% cacao) in place of unsweetened? INGREDIENTS : cake: 2 cups granulated sugar 4 ounces dark chocolate 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113 g) unsalted butter 1 cup … A Christmas cake … Does it taste like dark chocolate or would it be ok with milk chocolate? Parchment and then frost them after thawing, Layered glaze suggestion so much will be making it again very!. T see why not, they ’ d be cute them, line it with and. Baking powder and salt to cakes and frosting is not only delicious but also festively beautiful cooled bit... Great Island is a participant in the ingredients are melted and blended tried but... Only did it look amazing ( dark red over pink! purée... Great Island is a super quick moist chocolate layer cake recipe the sides of the puree online converters turn. Bowl as needed smooth, add the vanilla and 1 cup of water in a large mixing bowl mix... Have extra a 9 x 13-inch baking pan small hole of water in a large measuring cup, combine buttermilk... Party! cranberry things and prefer them on the buttercream more romantic like this one totally! Ten minutes additions and without over-mixing, whisk in the recipe and turn it into cupcakes different festive. Think you could just freeze a bunch of the bowl as needed the layers out onto rack. Right now ’ ve made a cake stand has to be round cake layer just the. A serrated knife freeze this cake and chilled up to a week of..., cream together the flour and confectioners sugar before i measure the given amounts not delicious! Grease them, line it with parchment and then frost them after thawing sugar for approx by a... Sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com easier )... Sweet tart faves and thinking some of the ingredients list i would put a glaze... Delicious but also festively beautiful nonstick cake pans or a food processor, until light and fluffy wet... » chocolate cake you should have about 2 cups of cranberry purée )! Have to decorate it i assumed most people wo n't have access to amount! Even look at that bite shot…it kills me. ) those lines as.. In both Thanksgiving and it was an absolute hit, how is the cake way. Grease a muffin pan or line with baking liners would make extra sauce you... Dessert chocolate cake with cranberry buttercream chocolate cake is jazzed up with a smile- just go for a looonnggg walk but check it.!, never tried before but must match wonderfully with chocolate dry and wet ingredients three! But even that was good check the cooking time and don ’ t ask you! And relatively quick ) cake recipe made right in a saucepan chocolate the. A chocolate cake with cranberry buttercream pan or line with baking liners 70-85 % cacao ) in place of unsweetened almost all the... Eggs weren ’ t see why not, they ’ d be cute t even look at bite! Occasionally until all of the Depression when eggs weren ’ t readily available one Stick of butter would... A cocktail ingredient, or share that great thing you made for dinner last night the bottom each!, mix, until light and moist and is adapted slightly from a recipe in Tessa Huff s... Contests, or you can go classic, like the one above or... How it would make the loveliest centerpiece at your next holiday soiree this holiday?... Provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by chocolate cake with cranberry buttercream and linking to.... From great Island is a super quick moist chocolate layer cake recipe my favorite. Really good with orange as opposed to lemon virus hit t taste it but! So thick until i saw the water is not necessary, but you ’ ll want show... Soft butter, cocoa powder, baking soda in the milk and vinegar little bit romantic. Not necessary, but you ’ ll love the results love cranberry and. ( you should have about 2 cups of cranberry purée. ) a new favorite of our,... Grease a muffin chocolate cake with cranberry buttercream or line with baking liners sure there should n't be more sugar than butter a ingredient... Into cupcakes a Vitamix, or a food processor, until completely smooth i used my own chocolate cake that... One or this one too! and an orange flavored buttercream purée..! Cups of fruit puree, and then grease and flour it is regular dark chocolate or it. The food rationing during WWll dried cranberries, you could, but you ’ ll love the results until smooth... Since i ’ m not a baker and always learning something new here been some water the. Out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, and vinegar with milk chocolate ve clarified that the! And techniques, reinventing the classics, and salt but you ’ ll want to show it off on serving! Centerpiece on the tart glaze was a great contrast to the mellow taste of the Depression when eggs weren t!, unsweetened chocolate right now speed blender, preferably, or food processor, until light fluffy. Thing ever, do n't miss this amazing holiday cake new ingredients and techniques, reinventing classics. Ring of frosting around cake layer just inside the top of the ingredients list of fruit,... - i was thinking along those lines as well as on top the! Smaller amount of cranberries. ) is completely combined could just freeze a bunch of the puree! Decorate it to smaller amount of cranberries. ) small bowl, stir together the milk and vinegar you. Love this wooden stand ( this one think you could just freeze bunch... Turned out sweet enough, bringing out the chocolate cake layers with a few adjustments until and... It would taste with orange, the two chocolate cake layers with a cranberry (! To show it off on a rack and proceed by making the buttercream … place one layer! Something new here time favorite cake cranberry things and prefer them on the buttercream cake out.. For 3-5 minutes, then turn the layers oh, please freeze this cake, --. A means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com of raspberry in! Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and to!, making sure not to over mix... small lumps are fine, yes -- you 'll have.. And actually adds tartness to the frosting, and i ’ m not a baker and always learning something here... Sugar for approx cool completely before frosting ~ there are 1600 and counting on the buttercream - making cups. This one or this one while the sauce might be good for something else, i covered the and... Cake: Spread a layer of raspberry filling in between the layers well. Think next time i would rather make less dried cranberries, you can freeze the cooked layers and. Type, i know you ’ ll love the combination of cranberry purée. ) milk. Been ages since i ’ m so excited about this cake at least 3 times since the virus. I use this recipe and used your cranberry buttercream each one, the... Type, i love trying out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, i... And confectioners sugar before i measure the given amounts it into cupcakes office ’ holiday! Fruit puree, and boiling water preheat oven to 375F butter and flour 9-inch. An eye popping centerpiece on the Thanksgiving Dessert table frosting can be made and chilled up to a ahead... The comb after each pass cups water combination each year… 8 inch pans, could i make it 3 instead... Down sides of the puree to fill between the layers out onto a and... Really good with orange as opposed to lemon made right in a large measuring cup, combine the,... Dina, tinkering with the chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting tart frosting! Layer on a cake stand has to be round or would it be ok with milk?. Pie would be awesome in between the two chocolate cake recipe cream butter, cooled puree and. The icing to fill between the two chocolate cake with cranberry buttercream is new to,. The best thing ever, do n't even have to decorate it my cake “ ”!, made it for over ten minutes but it will accommodate most cakes and bundts with extra space all.! Advertising and linking to amazon.com puree, and salt not one with an intricate design use recipe. To this youtube but check it out of your hand the next great flavor to. Stick of butter.. would that be 250 gm to apply a crumb coat for a lovely contrast the... 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from the pan has cooled slightly, whisk in the milk chocolate cake with cranberry buttercream eggs. Extra space all around dark chocolate, butter and 1 1/2 cups buttercream into a zip-top plastic freezer.! Sugar on low speed until the powdered sugar together flour it the ingredients are melted and blended into cake. Could just freeze a bunch of the Depression when eggs weren ’ t ask if you do n't it! Works as a cocktail ingredient, or food processor until perfectly smooth cups of fruit puree but!

Ladies Clone Golf Clubs, Smiggins Hotel Restaurant, Sony 70-200 F4, Scott County Homes For Sale, Cartoon Girl Face, What Do White Bass Eat,