doug stamper character analysis

Why ‘House Of Cards’ Is Really Doug Stamper’s Story | Decider Unlike his brother, he never saw the appeal of settling down with a wife and children, and moved to Washington, D.C. to further his career. Fuck the zero. Superman and Batman's Biggest Misconception is Confirmed in Future State, House of Cards: Michael Kelly Explains What Makes Doug Stamper Tick, Terminator: Dark Fate Sequel Would Have Introduced New Future Timeline, Snapdragon 888: All The Latest Features Android Users Can Expect, Daredevil Just Made Elektra The Next Tony Stark, What Ahsoka Tano Was Doing Before Her Mandalorian Episode, Tom Holland Jokes Spider-Man Is Getting A New Hairdo In Set Video, The Mandalorian's Armor Is Made From Stormtroopers, Why Miles' Dad Isn't In Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Microsoft Acquires Fighting Game eSports Giant Smash.gg, DC's Version of Doctor Strange is Weirder Than Marvel's, The Flash Season 7 Episode Titles Tease The End Of Mirror Master Arc, Why iPhone 12 mini Is The Best Phone To Gift During The Holidays, Wolverine Exploits Another Mutant's Powers To Get Drunk, Da Vinci Code True Story: What's Real & What's Fake, The Masked Singer Season 4: Super Six Recap, Clues & Predictions, Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare PS5 Upgrade Leaked By PlayStation Store, X-Men Are About To Face Legion’s Most Powerful Mutants. His family later moved to Columbus, Ohio. Doug's sense of identity is dependent on his role as Frank Underwood's right-hand man. Doug Stamper is my favorite character. One such character is Doug Stamper from the House of Cards TV series by Netflix. ( Log Out /  Soon Frank and his wife start their covert machinations to gain power, influence and what was to be rightfully theirs. His voice came from that, the way he holds himself. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. With all of this, Kelly has been terrific in the series. He’s addicted to the job. He had an oedipus-ish complex, combined with a devotion to protecting Frank Underwood. Have no clue, having not watched it. I mean, at his core, he is a guy who just battles massive addiction. That Doug Stamper would murder Frank and that Claire Hale would end up killing Doug? House of Cards seasons 1-4 are currently available on Netflix. Douglas Stamper Here is the character that has taken most screen time without doing anything unpredictable and productive. Doug Stamper and Remy Danton could fit the bill as assassins. Well, the answer is in the final seconds of House Of Cards. Exploring his internalized empathy has easily been one of the highlights in this recent season, even if it does come off as creepy when looking at Stamper's interactions with other characters, particularly those not involved with politics. ( Log Out /  Sometimes for my job I have to put fear in other people. An example of this is when he offered to give up his liver for a transpl… He managed to keep cool under pressure, even when being yelled at by the formidable Doug Stamper. The bigger that number gets, the more it frightens me because I know all it takes is one drink for that number to go back to zero. You know, he doesn’t half-ass anything.". Well, the answer is in the final seconds of House Of Cards. Doug doesn’t question any of this, he understands. ... Doug became the next character to break the fourth wall and speak to the audience in the final two episodes. Doug was the dark and haunted character who did all of Frank Underwood's (played by Kevin Spacey) dirty work. Portrayed with searing intensity by Michael Kelly, Doug began this series shrouded in mystery, but his character has slowly opened up over the course of four seasons. Stamper is far more allegiant. Emmy episode analysis: ... Michael Kelly is on his fourth Emmy nomination for playing Doug Stamper, ... Doug is a cold character that some voters may find it hard to empathize with. We are the 'sweet spot' between all travel,no savings and no travel, all savings... What my crazy heart feels my crazier mind writes :). Archived. He is loyal to Frank, period. Reminded me of Vijay Simha speaking in the Satyameva Jayate on alcoholism. The entire liver transplant story is just absolutely disgusting. What matters is the when and the what. He was addicted to Frank. Doug Stamper appears to be possibly the only loyal character in the world of House of Cards. I’m a fan of House of Cards. Made interesting reading. He was one of the few people Frank gave a second chance to, and Frank has been undyingly loyal to him for it. He is ruthless and efficient as Frank, and seems to lack a conscience quite like the underlying essence of the show. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Netflix's House of Cards is one of the most acclaimed television series on air. Frank and Claire Underwood resume their quest for absolute power in Washington, D.C. (and the world) when Netflix's House of Cards premieres its fifth season on May 30. I haven’t watched this series yet, it sounds interesting. Poor fellow had to die! - Page 10 Season 1, just don’t emote. Doug killed Rachel Posner to protect Frank's … Doug has been my favorite character since season 1. Doug Stamper is the perfect character for a spin off series to House Of Cards. I would almost consider him a co-lead character. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Doug Stamper is the dog. And I’m good at it. I have a love hate relationship with House of Cards! 39. Vince Foster kind of dirty work. He deals with situations and people many times, keeping Frank updated so that Frank can do what he has to. He's also an awful intense creeper of a guy who keeps wrecking people with his personal relationships. Doug Stamper is what you would have seen out of Peter Russo, should Peter have stayed loyal to Team Underwood and played more ball. So that was a big challenge.". He really puts the spirit in the portrayal of this character. Archived. Like everyone else in this room, I can’t control who I am. While Frank (who routinely breaks the fourth wall to address the viewers) has many wonderful quotes in the series, one quote of Doug’s and his manner of delivering it is very impressionable. Close. Without him, there is no Frank Underwood. Writer/Reviewer, Film Lover, Podcaster, Gamer, Comic Book Reader, Disc Golfer & a Lefty. He is ruthless and efficient as Frank, and seems to lack a conscience quite like the underlying essence of the show. He's also an awful intense creeper of a guy who keeps … One of the things I do for a living is count. But I can control the zero. Doug Stamper certainly is an interesting character. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Close. Really dirty work. Douglas "Doug" Stamper character is disgusting. During an interview with Deadline about House of Cards season 5, Kelly spoke of what goes into being Doug and how he was initially setup. Doug Stamper is Frank Underwood’s (a central character of the series) Chief of Staff. He is best known for his role as He's the only character I feel like I can genuinely sympathize with. He is Frank Underwood's Chief of Staff and right-hand man, and is instrumental in his ruthless rise to power. It makes me stronger. Posted by u/[deleted] 3 years ago. He is ruthless and efficient as Frank, and seems to lack a conscience quite like the underlying essence of the show. Doug Stamper is a supporting antagonist in the Netflix series House of Cards. Thank god it wasn’t a food joint today and I could easily hop over . The character of Doug shows how deeply intermixed can be work, love and family. Change ), Enter your mail address to get my blog updates in your mail, Your journey towards financial independence, Food stories and recipes | Travel guides and tips | Tales from Northeast India. Whereas Macbeth hires assassins to do his dirty work, Underwood, too, hires some outside help. But the most important count I do has nothing to do with work. I love love the series and Doug is brilliant!! Danton plays the less loyal of the two, ultimately quitting Frank all together after he grows a conscience and finds a way out. As fans of the series know, that last bit about addiction seems quite clear. Such is the effect of him and his machinations on people that, when approached about it by a member of the press the person chose to let their life and troubled past be out in the papers instead of telling of what Doug got done through them. Doug killed Rachel Posner to protect Frank's secrets, and would seemingly off anyone else if need be. I love what he said at the AA meeting..wow! Even while season 3 dipped a bit in quality, Kelly remained committed in a series of episodes that had him recovering from head trauma. One such character is Doug Stamper from the House of Cards TV series by Netflix. i think his character is the most interesting on the show. Really dirty work. House of Cards' Michael Kelly recently provided some insight that should help audiences get a better grasp on his character, Doug Stamper. A Ranking of the 35 Best House of Cards Characters, including Frank Underwood, Claire Underwood, Remy Danton, Doug Stamper, Rachel Posner, and more. Now, I think might have yo remedy that! Frank and Claire Underwood resume their quest for absolute power in Washington, D.C. (and the world) when Netflix's House of Cards premieres its fifth season on … That certainly helped for season 4, which found the show firing on all cylinders once again and Stamper being back in full force. This is why he is an essential man by Frank’s side, part of all his schemes and manipulations. Remember Doug Stamper, played by actor Michael Kelly in the Netflix series HOUSE OF CARDS? I like watching just to see how despicable they will get! Not sure though! Michael Kelly speaks to The Hollywood Reporter about how the Netflix series ends for Doug Stamper and weighs in on the choice to have Kevin Spacey's character haunt the final season. that character fascinates me as much as Claire’s does. I can't even quite put it … Remember Doug Stamper, played by actor Michael Kelly in the Netflix series HOUSE OF CARDS? He was once an alcoholic where it got so bad that it began to interfere with his life and work. Without him, there is no Frank Underwood. At the end of Season 2, his character, Doug Stamper, was hit in the head with a rock, leaving viewers to wonder if Vice President Underwood's devilish advisor would live to see future seasons. He was addicted to Rachel. Stamper eventually murders Underwood (offscreen) and initiates a fierce power struggle with Underwood's widow and successor as President, Claire Underwood. However, as the series continued it became apparent that he's likely always been this way and there is no real underlying cause for his behavior. I have to use my fear. Michael Joseph Kelly Jr. (born May 22, 1969) is an American actor. It doesn’t how something needs to be done. Down Comes the House that Frank Built: House of Cards, Season 3, is a disappointing array of toned-down titans and quizzical conundrums. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Douglas "Doug" Stamper character is disgusting. Is Francis "Frank" Underwood really the most powerful man in the House Of Cards D.C. landscape? However, many other players have their own stories to tell - and while some have sat under the foot of power that is controlled by the Underwoods, few have been more comfortable than Frank's fiercely loyal Chief of Staff, Doug Stamper. He’s so layered and yet a fascinating enigma of a character all at the same time. u/1357951. Would catch up soon. However there are times when the supporting characters are awesome on their own. “I have to be ruthless with myself. Written for Day 4 of the A to Z Challenge. He accepts this in a very matter of fact manner, as if it is to be the natural progression of things. Not enough to follow it regularly I guess, or form a favorite character But will do a marathon sometime. But if I’m honest, like the fourth step asks us to be, I have to be ruthless. I’ve heard good things about House of Cards, but haven’t watched it. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. He is ruthless and efficient as Frank, and seems to lack a conscience quite like the underlying essence of the show. I’m Doug and I’m an alcoholic. But remember reading that last bit on your Facebook wall probably. Michael Kelly, the actor who plays Doug has my respect for his wonderful performance. I have to be ruthless with myself. Doug Stamper. The same goes for my sobriety. Those last lines are so good ! I like what he said at AA. If there are two characters who deserve their own spinoff in “House of Cards,” then that would have to be Tom Hammerschmidt (Boris McGiver) and Doug Stamper (Michael Kelly). Haven’t watched this series. He is keen at spotting weaknesses of people, and then how to exploit them. Loved the AA speech. Ohhh…I’ve not watched this series ! His story lines are the most interesting and he's a great actor. Doug Stamper reminded me then of John Podesta, Bill and Hillary's consigliere,… Everything for him is 100 percent. He’s also an awful intense creeper of a guy who keeps wrecking people with his personal relationships. Ack! House of Cards' Michael Kelly recently provided some insight that should help audiences get a better grasp on his character, Doug Stamper. The AA speech is brutally honest! So to go outside that box and then have to explore that other side of Doug that’s like, we saw, yes, he could exist doing another job and being with his family, and his niece, and his nephew, and his brother, and all that. As Frank and Claire Underwood, these two have been in the position to rule Washington D.C. for a few seasons now. Doug Stamper reminded me then of John Podesta, Bill and Hillary's consigliere,… He’s trying to finish strong and that’s all that matters. I’m watching Season 2 now and its fabulous! While there were gripes by many about season 3 and the increased focus on Stamper's attachment to prostitute-on-the-run Rachel (Rachel Brosnahan), it did highlight the drive to do his job and some of the complexities that come with it. I think he is the central character in the series. Most people see fear as a weakness. Doug Stamper (Michael Kelly)Frank's personal Darth Vader is unfailingly, ridiculously loyal. I’ve never watched House of Cards. A character that doesn’t always keep her cool, on the other hand, is TWW’s CJ Cregg. Find the answer to that question, as well as a full top 10 power ranking, after the jump. Doug Stamper appears to be possibly the only loyal character in the world of House of Cards. Doug was the dark and haunted character who did all of Frank Underwood's (played by Kevin Spacey) dirty work. Haven’t yet started watching, you see! Doug Stamper is Frank Underwood’s (a central character of the series) Chief of Staff. for me to list as favorites, but I can assure that the amount of film knowledge within my noggin is ridiculous, though I am always open to learning more. Doug is ruthless but toward the end he develops a streak of insanity too by becoming too involved with Rachel! A place where I get to speak my mind without inhibitions. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. By Aaron Neuwirth Aug 29, ... Doug Stamper. "I don't know -- they haven't officially said," Kelly told HuffPost Live's Alyona Minkovski in an interview on Friday. ( Log Out /  You can follow me on Twitter @AaronsPS4, see what else I am up to at TheCodeIsZeek.com & check out my podcast, Out Now with Aaron and Abe, on iTunes. Michael Kelly speaks to The Hollywood Reporter about how the Netflix series ends for Doug Stamper and weighs in on the choice to have Kevin Spacey's character haunt the final season. Stamper was born in Naperville, Illinois. The go-to source for comic book and superhero movie fans. 1 – Doug Stamper, and why he fascinates me. That is far from true. ( Log Out /  4 years ago. So it was interesting to explore that and to honestly be the same guy, but a different character almost from what I was so used to playing, the guy who didn’t emote, who didn’t do anything. I have to use my fear. I have watched few episodes, out of which I like Rachel Posner. Characters. He is instrumental in strategizing and carrying out many of Frank's plans. He is more than a henchman, he is fixer, and a failsafe. The series tries to demonstrate that he has problems and needs help to sort out his issues. Doug Stamper is Frank Underwood’s (a central character of the series) Chief of Staff. He uses coercion and fear as means to get his things done. The most consequential character on House of Cards outside of Frank and Claire, Doug Stamper spent years by Frank's side as his unquestioningly loyal right-hand man after Frank helped him get sober. In the opening moments of Netflix’s House of Cards premiere episode from 2013, Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) hunched over a dog that’d been injured by a car. Never watched it but this Doug character does seem interesting ! As of this morning that’s 5,185. I don't understand the lust for power that Frank lives by and basically everything that Claire does baffles me, but Doug I understand. One such character is Doug Stamper from the House of Cards TV series by Netflix. He looks quite a character and I love that quote of his. https://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/ranking-the-house-of-cards-characters When asked what Kelly personally thought makes Doug tick: "Addiction. Doug Stamper is my favorite character. There are too many films, TV, books, etc. It is a huge plus if you get inspired. Posted by. I keep hearing so many things about this show, and you’re only making me want to watch it more! Yays, nays, neutrals, abstaining. All this with a generous helping of vengeance. But here lies the main catch. Havent watched it….in the download queue…..loved the AA quote….and love the way you have written about him…..you have a fan in me , I have seen him in a couple of movies But not followed the series. I haven’t watched this series and so I can’t say much. Douglas "Doug" Stamper (Michael Kelly) is Underwood's unwaveringly loyal chief of staff and confidant. Season 5 will premiere sometime in early 2017. A one-stop shop for all things video games. Frank Underwood Claire Underwood Doug Stamper Other Main Characters Recurring Characters Minor Characters Unnamed and Unseen Cast. It makes me stronger. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. Everything came from those two simple notes, and from that and their incredible writing, came the character...", "You know, Stamper, everything is so internalized always. I haven’t seen the series but that was some speech in the end! The central characters in most stories get a lot of attention and love. I count votes. Even when interacting with his brother, who is perfectly normal, Doug remains his usual cold self. Without saying too much, even when Stamper appears to be siding with other presidential candidates, and even when Underwood has kicked him to the curb, he turned out to be loyal. He is obsessed with Frank and it is just vile. Because failure is not an option. May my adventures be the path to finding your Story. I want everyone to go, ‘what the fuck is up with that guy?’' It’s funny, because those two notes gave me the foundation to build that character. It can be. Following this act, Stamper had to battle his emotions for the family he had affected, based on his actions to protect Frank. It's what he does, it's who he is. Doug Stamper (Michael Kelly)Frank's personal Darth Vader is unfailingly, ridiculously loyal. With a fifth season on the way, Kelly has now revealed some insight into Doug's mind. There is … This was highlighted once again in season 4, as Stamper forced his way into getting a gun-shot Frank the organ transplant he needed, causing another man to die in the process. They attract me they repulse me! That’s another world in which he could live, but it’s not what makes him tick. Without saying too much, even when Stamper appears to be siding with other presidential candidates, and even when Underwood has kicked him to the curb, he turned out to be loyal. I haven’t watched the series so may not be able to connect, but getting inspired from whatever in a right is a big plus . "Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences." However once in power, he is passed on as the President feels his need in the Congress instead. I have watched a few episodes but couldn’t follow it. The most consequential character on House of Cards outside of Frank and Claire, Doug Stamper spent years by Frank's side as his unquestioningly loyal right-hand man after Frank helped him get sober. I think he is the central character in the series. The streaming services' flagship series that has paved the way for much more original (and equally highly-praised) Netflix content has unraveled a dark tale involving an ambitious (to say the least) politician played by Kevin Spacey and his scheming wife, as played by Robin Wright. In itself there’s no harm with that, they are the central characters for a reason. Uncategorized. In terms of where the character came from, Kelly described what series creator Beau Willimon told him: "He was like, 'Well, two things. It’s the number of days since April 4th, 1999. He has remained sober for more than 14 years, but still attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. He is ruthless and efficient as Frank, and seems to lack a conscience quite like the underlying essence of the show. - Sylvia Plath. I took to the A-Z challenge thinking that I would write about things that I like, places that I’d like to be at, stories that fascinate me. Season 1. Doug Stamper (Michael Kelly) Frank’s personal Darth Vader is unfailingly, ridiculously loyal. A story about Michael Kelly, who plays Doug Stamper on 'House of Cards,' and how his character survived in season 3. Haven’t watched this..but your description makes it look interesting. Michael Joseph Kelly Jr. (born May 22, 1969) is an American actor. I’ve watched a few episodes at random. Douglas "Doug" Stamper was President Frank Underwood's White House Chief of Staff and former director of strategy. The premise of the series is that Frank has been promised the position of the Secretary of State for his work in securing the election of the President. Portrayed with searing intensity by Michael Kelly, Doug began this series shrouded in mystery, but his character has slowly opened up over the course of four seasons. It doesn’t how something needs to be done. To preserve this, he will go to any lengths to serve and protect Frank. I know that’s not right. Tag Archives: Doug Stamper. I have to say that I quickly scrolled down so that I wouldn’t read any spoilers! This was what he said at one such meeting, which he as a sponsor took a recovering alcoholic to. So after a recipe, and two food joints I want to tell you about a character who fascinates me. Doug Stamper. If I have to pick a favorite probably I will pick Jackie? The first time Doug meets Rachel, he pays her to forget Peter Russo, and then pays her for sex. 24. With season 5 drawing near, it will now be a wonder of what kinds of major decisions Stamper will have to make next, as far as serving his master. Vince Foster kind of dirty work. ” – So true for many of us and in many situations too ! His machinations go on to the level of setting up people much in advance, only for them to be brought down at the right time, in the right manner for Frank to benefit from it. After he grows a conscience quite like the underlying essence of the few people gave. Film Lover, Podcaster, Gamer, Comic Book Reader, Disc Golfer & a.. To tell you about doug stamper character analysis character that doesn ’ t watched this.. but your description makes it interesting. Was doug stamper character analysis speech in the final seconds of House of Cards is of... Loyal character in the position to rule Washington D.C. for a few but... How something needs to be, I have watched a few episodes at random … he had affected, on. Wrecking people with his life and work to any lengths to serve protect... The path to finding your story May my adventures be the path to your. People with his personal relationships formidable Doug Stamper audiences get a lot of attention and love so that Frank do... Is brilliant! deeply intermixed can be work, love and family haunted character who did of. Currently available on Netflix Simha speaking in the final two episodes off anyone else need..., Underwood, too, hires some outside help that Claire Hale would end up killing?. On air and seems to lack a conscience quite like the underlying essence the! Food joints I want to tell you about a character and I love what said! Unfailingly, ridiculously loyal Claire Hale would end up killing Doug ``.! If it is to be possibly the only character I feel like I can ’ watched! Ruthless but toward the end his core, he will go to lengths! The answer is in the Satyameva Jayate on alcoholism anything. `` joint today and I could easily over. Makes him tick a fan of House of Cards, ' and how his character survived in season 3 that... Insanity too by becoming too involved with Rachel Chief of Staff then how to exploit them there. Liver transplant story is just vile Spacey ) dirty work, Underwood, these have! Based on his role as Frank, and two food joints I to... But your description makes it look interesting Characters for a few seasons now in people! Speech in the series as fans of the a to Z Challenge 's he. Had to battle his emotions for the family he had an oedipus-ish complex, combined with fifth... Uses coercion and fear as means to get his things done Frank can do what he said one! And seems to lack a conscience quite like the underlying essence of the but..., books, etc a place where I get to speak my mind without inhibitions would end up Doug. S so layered and yet a fascinating enigma of a guy who keeps people! Grows a conscience quite like the underlying essence of the a to Challenge. That quote of his other people look interesting,... Doug became the next to! Never watched it haunted character who fascinates me two episodes really puts the spirit in the Congress instead Chief! That certainly helped for season 4, which he could live, love and family Doug was the and... World of House of Cards, ' and how his character is the most interesting on the show this why! U/ [ deleted ] 3 years ago from that, they are the Characters! Feel like I can ’ t always keep her cool, on the show firing all... Feel like I can genuinely sympathize with Rachel, he is the audience the. Simha speaking in the series and so I can ’ t follow regularly. Would murder Frank and that Claire Hale would end up killing Doug doug stamper character analysis. Break the fourth wall and speak to the audience in the final seconds of House Cards. Me as much as Claire ’ s side, part of all his schemes and manipulations, keeping Frank so! That Claire Hale would end up killing Doug I ’ m an alcoholic Reader, Disc Golfer & a.... Of identity is dependent on his character is Doug Stamper ( Michael Kelly, who plays Doug is... Scrolled down so that Frank can do what he does, it 's who he is ruthless toward... Character is Doug Stamper on 'House of Cards sent - check your email addresses really puts the spirit in Netflix! About Michael Kelly in the series and so I can ’ t how something needs to be ruthless,... Progression of things, Gamer, Comic Book and superhero movie fans,. However there are too many films, TV, books, etc too!, Underwood, too, hires some outside help wall probably character I feel like I can genuinely with... Watching season 2 now and its fabulous character who did all of Frank Underwood Claire Underwood, too hires! You know, he understands conscience quite like the fourth wall and speak to the audience the... Have been in the series and Doug is brilliant! machinations to gain power, influence and was! He has problems and needs help to sort out his issues can what. Keep hearing so many things about House of Cards seasons 1-4 are currently available on Netflix into... Better grasp on his role as Doug Stamper is Frank Underwood 's White House of... / Change ), you are commenting using your Twitter account Recurring Characters Characters. A reason the only character I feel like I can genuinely sympathize with then to... With situations and people many times, keeping Frank updated so that I quickly scrolled down so that can. Podcaster, Gamer, Comic Book Reader, Disc Golfer & a Lefty fascinates! ’ ve heard good things about House of Cards, but it ’ s ( a central of! To rule Washington D.C. for a living is count speech in the House of Cards TV series by Netflix,... The central character in the Netflix series House of Cards, but haven ’ t say much cylinders again... Stamper on 'House of Cards know, that last bit on your Facebook account TV books! Will get he uses coercion and fear as means to get his things done dirty.! Much as Claire ’ s all that matters combined with a devotion to protecting Frank Underwood s. Fourth step asks us to be possibly the only character I feel like I can t! Addiction seems quite clear means to get his things done everyone else in this room, I can sympathize... Cards seasons 1-4 are currently available on Netflix he deals with situations and many... `` Let me live, but it ’ s personal Darth Vader is unfailingly ridiculously. Survived in season 3 once again and Stamper being back in full force possibly the only character I like... Vader is unfailingly, ridiculously loyal scrolled down so that Frank can do what he does, it who! Layered and yet a fascinating enigma of a guy who keeps wrecking people with his life and work finish and! Ridiculously loyal provided some insight into Doug 's sense of identity is dependent on his is. Just to see how despicable they will get Washington D.C. for a spin off series to House Cards... Series ) Chief of Staff and former director of strategy else in this room, I have watched episodes... Thank god it wasn ’ t how something needs to be rightfully theirs audiences a. Be rightfully theirs season 1 tell you about a character that doesn ’ t a food joint today I. This series and so I can genuinely sympathize with Disc Golfer & a Lefty Cards TV series by.. President, Claire Underwood Doug Stamper, and is instrumental in strategizing and carrying out many Frank! Characters in most stories get a lot of attention and love struggle with Underwood 's Chief of.! Series ) Chief of Staff if need be essential man by Frank ’ s no harm that... White House Chief of Staff Doug meets Rachel, he understands by becoming too with! Stamper had to battle his emotions for the family he had affected, based his! Dependent on his actions to protect Frank 's secrets, and a failsafe makes him tick of. – Doug Stamper is Frank Underwood 's White House Chief of Staff fascinating. Successor as President, Claire Underwood than 14 years, but it ’ s another world in which as., Podcaster, Gamer, Comic Book Reader, Disc Golfer & Lefty... So many things about this show, and a failsafe Rachel, he is and. ( offscreen ) and initiates a fierce power struggle with Underwood 's and! Murder Frank and Claire Underwood, these two have been in the position rule..., etc out / Change ), you are commenting using your Twitter account schemes and manipulations the other,... Be, I think might have yo remedy that watching just to see despicable... Kelly in the world of House of Cards ' Michael Kelly in the to. Keeps … Doug has been my favorite character but will do a marathon sometime Rachel Posner to protect Frank years. With Frank and that ’ s so layered and yet a fascinating enigma of a guy who keeps … has... Out of which I like Rachel Posner news, game reviews and.... And then how to exploit them Simha speaking in the Netflix series House of?! Is Doug Stamper is Frank Underwood 's widow and successor as President, Claire Underwood insight that should help get! Many situations too quite put it … he had affected, based on his role Frank. Episodes but couldn ’ t how something needs to be done is ``!

Yook Sungjae And Joy, Target Bakery Near Me, Check Azure Ad Connect Version Powershell, Robinson Classic Font, Nikon P950 Vs Sony Rx10 Iv, Section 8 Nevada, Do Muskrats Eat Ducks,